KyoAni’s Studio 1 to be demolished starting November 25. The preparation work, including building scaffolding and emptying out the building, will take until the end of the year. The actual demolition will then start in early January and will go through late April.
– Answer #OCAPodcast questions – OCA Podcast Patreon – Anime Collector Patreon – StealthWeeb.com – Vic Mignogna Court Case ∟Funimation claims they never called Vic a sex pest ∟Defendants were caught claiming things in their court costs outside the scope of TCPA ∟Monica and Ron may have lied under oath
For surviving victims who were directly injured by the fire, Kyoto Animation has pledged that it will be providing their share of the donations in a single lump sum, as opposed to installments. However, the company will not be simply dividing the total donations by the number of affected employees and giving each recipient a uniform amount. Instead, it will be taking into consideration the specific circumstances of each individual. This process will include meeting with bereaved families, and taking into account the additional needs of households with children and/or in which the Kyoto Animation employee was the primary breadwinner, and are thus most adversely affected, financially speaking, by the employee’s death or work-preventing injuries.
Violet Evergarden movie release date confirmed for April 24th and the Free! movie has been delayed until summer 2020.
The arsonist was questioned by police and was quoted as saying “I targeted First Studio where the largest number of people (at the company) work. I thought I would be able to injure many people”.
He was carrying kitchen knives and a hammer when he went to commit the arson and explained that the knives were to stab anyone who would try to stop him and the hammer was to break a window if he was barred access from the studio.
KyoAni President promises upcoming anime movies are still in production, but says “Things are still very far from normal.”
Of the 33 remaining survivors, 27 have already returned to work.
Three employees who returned to work temporarily have since decided they need more time to cope with the stress and anxiety brought about by the attack.
Kyoto Animation as a whole shut down operations for nearly a month at the start of August. The company is continually coordinating with medical institutions to try to provide necessary mental health care and emotional support to its staff, though even with these efforts, a handful of employees have resigned in the aftermath of the incident.
The non-profit Animation for Next Industrial Innovation Conference (ANIC) and the Japan Animation Creators Association (JAniCA) have finished their crowdfunding campaign on Makuake for the victims of the Kyoto Animation arson attack, raising over ¥5.7 Million.
In total, donations to the company have reached over US$26.8 million.
Instead of a previously planned fan event, the studio will hold a "Memorial and Joining-Our-Prayers Service" at the Miyako Messe event hall in Kyoto on November 3-4. The event will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on both days, and admission will be free.
Staying committed to their promise that none of the donations will go to rebuilding the business, the president said that the “best way to rebuild is to look after the families involved.”
Japan's Fire and Disaster Management Agency will be requiring petrol stations and other sellers to check customer IDs and ask them how they will use the fuel.